Welcome to So Wedding Unique, a blog written by a bride-to-be for brides-to-be. I have decided to share my own experiences of designing and planning a wedding with the hope of inspiring and entertaining, providing ideas and advice for others to create their own unique wedding. Come and have a look around!

Wednesday 8 June 2011

I got my typewriter!

I have been on quite a search, but after much hunting and bidding wars on Ebay, amongst other places, I found a typewriter! And it works!



'What would you want a typewriter for at a wedding?' I hear you say. Well, ever been slightly bored by the idea of writing in a guestbook at a wedding? Me too. So, here is my way of making it a little bit more fun. My typewriter - retro in style and I think from the 70s - will be the medium for my guests to write their messages on as I am sure they won't be able to resist the temptation to have a go. I will also use the typeface in my table plan and place cards. In some ways, I wish I had found this months ago when I was designing my invitations.

After many bidding wars on Ebay to which I was unsuccessful, I decided to give my local Antiques Market a try. I hunted down the retro/vintage section, which is not full of what could be identified as antique, but certainly full of some great finds. I think I will be heading back that way soon to hunt out some little treasures for my house! I was not disappointed by the price either, it was a bargain price of £24, which worked out at no more expensive that some of the typewriters on Ebay.

So if you are on the hunt for something similar, yes, check out Ebay, but also consider carboot sales, antiques markets and auctions. You may well get lucky. 

My typewriter will be available for hire from September 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment